Overnight and Daytime Newborn/Postpartum Care
We are proud to be Charlotte’s first and only agency to specialize in newborn and postpartum support for the entire family. We offer 24/7 live-in, travel, daytime, and overnight support. We are experienced with preemies, singletons, and multiples. We offer a variety of highly experienced and trained postpartum doulas and newborn care specialists (and offer three levels of experience and pricing!). We offer this service up to one year old.
Daytime, evening, and overnight care is offered 1-7 days or nights per week. Daytime care is typically used around the hours of 9am-1pm or 12pm-4pm | Evening care is typically used around the hours of 6pm-10pm or 8pm-12am | Overnight care is typically used around the hours of 9pm-6am or 10pm-7am, or 12 hour shifts of 7pm-7am or 8pm-8am. Our most popular shift is 9pm-6am. We are happy to work around your needs!
- We can start working immediately or months after your baby is born. Contact us for a free consultation!
- We are on call from the moment you hire us and have a rock solid backup system.
- Feeding, swaddling, soothing, umbilical cord care, circumcision care, sterilizing/washing/preparing bottles and breast pump parts, offering breastfeeding support (many of us are certified in lactation), offering formula support (there are so many options out there), and doing baby laundry.
- Baby care, teaching parents self-soothing techniques, organizing the nursery, maintaining daily logs, and helping new parents gain confidence.
- We can attend pediatrician or OB/midwife appointments, and run errands (Target and the grocery store are usually the go-to requests).
- Continued text and email support.
- We conduct all background checks including social security number trace, criminal, sex offender, past working experience, and reference checks.
- Detailed contract between your family and your provider that outlines all important information pertaining to you and her.
- Going forward, you will receive 20% off our newborn nanny placement services!
Unsure of how many days or nights you’ll be needing? We suggest purchasing a package of hours and then making the decision on number of shifts per week closer to when your baby arrives. Families also use our package options when they desire to “front load” their hours with a provider during the first few weeks, and then to taper down as their baby starts sleeping longer stretches.